October 18, 2011

Well, I guess I should get started...

Welcome to anyone who has stumbled across my brand-new blog.  I haven't had a blog in quite some time, so forgive me if I'm a bit rusty.


First off, I am not going to be one of those people who uses the blog to whine about Starbucks not getting my tea the way I like it or what I'll do "when" I win the lottery.  I'm actually being pretty serious about this stuff--not that I'm humorless--but insomnia and tinnitus are two subjects near and dear to my heart and head, and I'd just like to accomplish a few things with this blog:  I want people out there who are going through either or both of these problems to know that they're not alone; I need a place to talk about my own personal experiences dealing with doctors and health care and that whole system; and mainly, I want...no, I hope, that I can really help some people out there dealing with these issues.


Because, you see, the situation isn't hopeless.  Not by a long shot.  Prepare for a lot of information, kind readers, and please feel free to participate in the discussion.  I don't know EVERYTHING.  I don't have all the answers.  I'm simply starting to see a shimmer of light in the distance after a very long, dark, back-breaking hike through the proverbial tunnel.  If you decide to continue with me, you'll quickly realize I'm not one of those yippy-skippy perpetually upbeat sort of people.  I'm a realist.  I'm a tough cookie, and I am hard to convince.  And yet...for the first time in ten years, things are starting to look up, because I managed to wade through the muck and found what I believe to be a pristine rose.


This is going to just be a short introductory post, because I've been up all night working this stuff out in multiple locations in preparation for the big "launch."  No, I am not a business owner.  I do not have a miracle drug that's going to magically make everything perfect.  But if you're here, you've got to at least be near the same boat I'm in.  Stick with me a while.  I will explain everything.


All right, last bit for now:  If you are one of the very many people suffering from tinnitus, or know someone suffering from tinnitus, please visit my husband's site:   BEAT-TINNITUS. I'm the one with chronic insomnia; I've had it for approximately twenty-five years. He is the one with catastrophic tinnitus and intractable headaches (don't worry if you don't quite understand that terminology yet; he will explain everything) that have left him unable to work or even function normally on a daily basis.  Our stories do overlap, but we each have our own perspective on how these things all go hand-in-hand-in-hand.


I do hope you'll join us on our introspective journeys.  Some things will shock you, some things might make you cry, but our ultimate goal, both of us, is to make life easier for people who simply do not know where to turn.


Good health to you and your families, and until next time, I am:
InsomniAmy 
Though this blog will be updated regularly, you can find me elsewhere:
@InsomniAmy on Twitter; Insomni Amy on Facebook; InsomniAmy on G+; private questions can be directed to InsomniAmy@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any questions or comments? I'd love to hear from you. All comments are reviewed prior to posting, so don't think your post has vanished simply because it doesn't appear immediately. Any language that is deliberately hostile or uses unsuitable language for a general audience (technical talk is fine, of course) will NOT be posted. I understand that many of you are probably feeling very frustrated by your situations, but I'm trying to keep this a helpful, friendly forum for everyone. Thanks!